Sunday, October 11, 2009

What do I want to do when I grow up?

I've been thinking a lot about getting back into the "making money working world" ever since son started his last year of preschool. Next year he'll probably be in full time kindergarten, and I'll have from 9am-3pm kid free. I guess if I don't have a child to care for most of the day I'll feel kind of lazy just doing my own thing and not working at something that makes money or makes a mark on the world in one way or another. I don't really think I want to go back into the corporate, full time, cubicle world. I just don't think I'd be happy doing that even though I know it'd bring in a lot more money than any alternative. So I've made a list of things I like to do and think I'm pretty good at doing. Maybe one or more of these things can keep me busy and make me feel productive.

  1. Tutoring kids in math, reading, etc.
  2. Edit technical articles
  3. Database/Website contract work
  4. Write articles for magazines
  5. Before and After school care
  6. Nanny for infant/toddler
  7. Teach Basic Yoga
  8. Teach Basic Sewing
  9. Plant Gardens for others
  10. Home Organization/Remodeling plans
  11. Sell Plant starts or grown plants
  12. Pet Sitting including chickens or other farm animals
  13. Sewing Projects for others
  14. Selling sewn items
  15. Selling prepared food items from garden (zucchini bread, pickles, etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...