Sunday, May 2, 2010

Deceptively Delicious

As my son continues his picky eater phase I've been looking into new recipes that will both be healthy and appealing to a 4 year old. He loves most breakfast foods so I thought making them more healthy would allow me to serve them more often and for other meals. I found a few recipes online for pancakes and french toast, and I've recently gotten out my Deceptively Delicious book by Jessica Seinfeld and have found a few recipes that will be new favorites. I think the ones I like best are the pancakes I found on allrecipes.com that include cottage cheese, whole wheat flour and fruit or veggie puree. So far the kids have eaten them up and asked for seconds. In Deceptively Delicious I found a french toast recipe that included butternut squash and sweet potato puree. Also in that book I found chocolate chip cookies with chick peas and chocolate pudding with avocado. The kids loved those as well. I'm not sure how I feel about sneaking healthy foods into something that doesn't seem healthy, but I guess as long as I continue to present the healthy foods at meal times in their original form there's no harm in adding some other healthy goodies into other foods that I know they'll eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...