Sunday, June 13, 2010

Pictures of Flowers and plants around the yard





Bees love Chive flowers!





My HUGE strawberries! I moved the strawberries from pots to the garden last spring. They Love the garden apparently. They are sending out baby runners all over the place making new plants and producing the biggest strawberries I've ever had. Now they just need to get enough sun to turn red...








Red Beets. I planted golden ones as well, but they aren't as far along as the red ones. Beet greens are yummy, too.














Cabbage.













Soybean sprout in the corn rows. Soybeans add nitrogen to the soil and the corn needs extra nitrogen.

















Corn sprouts!








The Rhubarb has perked up a lot! I think in about a week I'll have enough for a pie or crisp.










Row of potatoes. I planted baking potatoes and fingerling. The fingerlings are yellow, red and purple.





Miner's lettuce! We ate some for dinner last night and it's really yummy. Turns out that each plant grew a ton of these little flower/leaves. so 2 plants worth of leaves were more than enough for a dinner salad. I've heard that they self propogate if you let them, so I guess I'll have a miner's lettuce corner to my garden next year.







Hens and chicks along the front rock wall.

















Pansy in a planter.














I got some Columbine babies last year from a friend. This year they are blooming like crazy.

















My first Iris! I planted these about 2 years ago and have never had a flower, but this year the
waiting paid off.






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...