Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Chocolate Pudding

I bought a food dehydrator a few weeks ago. Ever since then I've been looking for neat things to make with it. I've dried strawberries, bananas, cherries, oranges, made my own fruit leather and made some cookies. (Dehydrator post coming soon) While searching for these recipes and ideas I've stumbled across a few Raw Food diet books that have some interesting recipes. Yesterday while the kids and I were sitting outside on the deck reading I found a recipe for raw vegan chocolate pudding. There was no cooking or waiting involved so it seemed like a good treat to make right away. Although anything vegan might not sound too yummy to you, it actually turned out really good. And with the healthy ingredients I'll definitely make it again. The kids gobbled it up!

Healthy Chocolate Pudding

Ingredients:

1/2 C raw almonds (I used mixed nuts)

2 peeled bananas

3 Tbs Cocoa or Carob powder

1/2 C dried plums or dates soaked in 1/2 C water for 15 minutes


Directions:

Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.

3 comments:

  1. I've been experimenting with the raw food diet, and I've been craving something rich and chocolatey - thanks for posting this recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kris, I reallly liked the taste of this pudding, but it's more fruity than traditional. What other Raw Foods recipes have you found that work for your family? Do the kids like them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids like smoothies, and I usually sneak in some spinach or romaine along with the bananas, berries, etc. I've gotten some ideas from the "Raw Food Detox Diet" book, which has a small recipe section. For a snack, my kids will eat almond butter mixed with honey on celery or even a romaine leaf. Homemade guacamole is another good snack. There is a vegetable stew recipe in the book which does call for cooking (not all the recipes are actually raw), which went over well.
    Mostly I've been dabbling with the raw food diet for myself, but it's nice to find recipes that will work for everyone. This is a good time of year for eating raw foods, with all the fresh local produce that's available.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...