Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Broccoli Soup

I love soup! As you can see from many of my past posts, I make soup quite often. This week I had a huge Costco sized bag of broccoli in my fridge that needed to be used. So I decided to give making broccoli soup a try. I really didn't have an inspiration recipe to start with this time; so I just threw some things in and gave it a shot. The result was so good I'll be making this again and again! I didn't make a creamy version this time, but I think I'll include some coconut milk next time for a nice change.


Broccoli Soup
1 Onion - diced
4 C chicken broth/stock
1 T chopped garlic (use less if you're not a huge garlic fan)
3 C Broccoli - chopped
1 t chili powder
1 t turmeric
salt and pepper to taste

In a saucepan over medium heat, brown onions. In the last minute or so of browning onions, add the garlic and spices and stir to combine. Add chicken broth and broccoli to saucepan, turn heat to low, cover and cook for about 15-20 minutes until broccoli is tender. With an immersion blender or in a blender, blend soup until smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...