Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies

What's better than a chocolate chip cookie? A Chocolate Chocolate Chip cookie, that's what!

The kids and I had a lazy day last week when they had the day off from school. We slept in, watched a movie, played and made cookies. The kids voted for Chocolate chip cookies, but I took them a step further and added more chocolate! They were one of the best cookies I've had. They were crispy on the outside, fudgy on the inside and just plain yummy.  I started with Cavegirl Kate's cookie recipe then made a couple minor modifications to stuff more chocolate into them.


I usually use coconut oil in my cookies, but I happened to have some grass-fed, raw butter on hand. So I used that instead. I'm not sure if it made a difference, but if you do dairy, try that and see what you think.




Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie
  • 3 cups almond flour
  • 1/2 cup coconut oil or grass-fed butter, melted
  • 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 t baking soda
  • 1 t sea salt
  • 1 T vanilla extract
  • 1 T cocoa powder
  • 1 cup Semi-Sweet or Dark Chocolate Chips

  • Bring all ingredients to room temperature and preheat oven to 375F. Mix all ingredients except chips with a hand or stand mixer. Fold in chocolate chips then drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment or a Silpat. Bake for about 15-20 minutes.

    My kids wanted marshmallows on theirs, so I let them put 2 minis on each of their cookies. They were delighted! :)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...