Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Roasted Cabbage with Bacon

I think I found the easiest side dish ever! I was running out of ideas for making a side dish from a head of cabbage the other day when I decided to try roasting it. I'd heard of people doing this, but I'd never tried it. But I couldn't just throw it on a roasting pan, I had to jazz it up a bit. And what's better to jazz things up that bacon?!? So I put a slice of bacon on top of each cabbage wedge, drizzled it with a little olive oil and vinegar and roasted it. YUM! I think next time I might add more bacon, but other than that, it was perfect!



Roasted Cabbage with Bacon
1 head of cabbage (I used green cabbage)
4-8 slices of bacon
1/4 C olive oil
1/4 C vinegar of choice (I used apple cider vinegar)
salt and pepper to taste


Preheat oven to 375F. Wash cabbage and cut head into quarters. In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper then place cabbage in the bowl. Coat cabbage with vinaigrette then place cut side down on a cookie sheet. Lay 1-2 strips of bacon over each cabbage wedge. Roast for about 30 minutes or until bacon is crisp and cabbage is softened.

2 comments:

  1. hmmm... i've never been a big fan of cooked cabbage... maybe it was just missing the bacon!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...