Monday, November 7, 2016

Date Cardamom Energy Bites

Bringing over recipes from Northwest Cavegirls. Cavegirl Stephanie here: 

Before Paleo, one of my favorite new cookbooks, was The Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook by Alissa Segersten and Tom Malterre. This duo has created a lovely mix of delicious whole food recipes that are guaranteed to satisfy whole foodies. I currently don't use all of the cookbook, as it's carb intensive, but one of my favorites from this cookbook is the Raw Energy Balls on Page 354. They are a mix of nuts, fruit, and spicy goodness.
A dozen balls can be made by mixing my current favorite blend of these ingredients:
1 c. raw walnuts or almonds in your food processor until they are finely ground (not dust or butter, though)
then add in:
1 c. dates
1/4 c dried blueberries
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. cardamom (freshly ground please, you'll be so glad you did)
Pulse until it's a nice mealy mixture, then add:
1/4 c. raw almond butter
Pulse again until the mixture is well blended and sticks together.
Roll into balls (I actually used a 1 t. scoop for cookies and got about 24 balls out of the batch). Roll each ball in raw coconut shreds or cocoa or ground nuts, whatever. EAT! These do not last long at our place. This is a recipe that it's important to buy every ingredient organic. I've also doubled the spice, because I'm like that. I LOVE cardamom... and love it even more when I grind the little seeds myself in the spice grinder. The whole kitchen smells great afterward.
Sweet treats like this keep me swinging that club.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...