Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Followers

Yay! I have followers! Isn't this Internet thing cool? I send out an email to say this blog exists and now I have 2 followers, just like that! Not that I have anything much for the followers to read, but they're there.

Turns out that I did not need an Ark to weather that torrential rain storm last night, but it was touch and go there for a while. I wonder if my little seedlings survived. I know the chickens battened down the hatches. I've noticed that after it rains like that my garden is full of little stones. Unless it's raining rocks and I don't know it, I guess the rain is washing away my dirt leaving these rocks behind. I really need to get compost on the rest of the garden to stop the erosion.

I can see blue sky through the trees; so I think it's going to be a nice day. Maybe I'll get that compost spread, or maybe I'll thin a few more of my jam-packed seedlings into their own separate pots. I really need to learn to be more brutal with my seedlings. When you read the back of a seed packet it will say something like "plant seeds in rows 6 inches apart. When seedlings are 1 inch tall thin to 2 inches apart". I am physically unable to thin seedlings and then throw them away. Last year we had chicks in the greenhouse when I was in that thinning mode, and I'd just throw the thinned seedlings to the chickens to eat. That seemed liked recycling or at least a good use of materials. This year I've been trying to transplant every single little seedling into a bigger pot or into the ground. That is the reason I'm drowning in red cabbage. I JUST CAN'T THROW THEM AWAY. I've been telling my friends that any day they might look out in their yard or garden and see me planting red cabbage in it. Too bad, if you don't like red cabbage; you're gettin' some anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...