Thursday, October 27, 2011

Camp Korey's Fall Festival

My family always visits a pumpkin patch or corn maze in the fall. We're suckers for the crisp air, apple cider and s'mores. This year I found a Living Social Deal for Camp Korey, which is just down the road in Carnation, WA.
Camp Korey serves children with serious and life-threatening medical conditions and their families at no cost. We provide year-round recreation programs specially designed to support the medical needs of campers while letting them just be kids and have fun.

I knew when I bought the deal it would support a great organization, but I really didn't know what we were getting. Turns out Camp Corey's Fall festival has it all! We got a yummy lunch of tomato soup, grilled cheese sandwich and hot chocolate, found our way through the corn maze to the fire pit where we roasted s'mores, went on the hay ride, did pumpkin bowling, got our face painted and even petted some baby rabbits and a wallaby!  I grow my own pumpkins in my garden, so we didn't buy any from them, but if I had wanted pumpkins they had a great selection.


When I added it all up, even without the Living Social deal, Camp Korey is very affordably priced and proceeds go to help kids who deserve to have some fun. So, if you haven't gone to visit a fall festival this year, or want to go again, consider Camp Korey!






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...