Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Almond Butter Cups Candy

Repost of an entry I wrote on Northwest Cavegirls

In a past life (before Paleo) I loved Peanut butter cups. Every Halloween I’d dig through the kids trick-or-treat bag looking for them. But now I can’t eat them. They’re just too sweet for me. So I thought I’d try to make a Paleo version that wasn’t so sweet but still had that familiar yummy taste I’ve always loved. I shared these with some friends last night and they were a big hit. I hope you enjoy them, too!



Almond Butter Cups Candy
About 1/2 C dark chocolate (you can use chips, or break up some dark chocolate bars. I used TJ's)
about 1/4 C Almond butter (I used Costco Almond Butter)
Candy mold for peanut butter cups (or you can use a mini muffin tin with liners)

Directions:
Melt chocolate in microwave in 30 second intervals stirring after each 30 seconds. When chocolate is melted, pour or use a spoon to scoop a small amount into the bottom of each cup mold. Tap the mold to settle the chocolate. Using another spoon, drop a small scoop of almond butter on top of each chocolate base. Then fill the cups the rest of the way up with another scoop of chocolate on top of the almond butter. Place filled molds in freezer or fridge until they are hard. Pop almond butter cups out of mold and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...