Sunday, December 9, 2012

Dark Chocolate Maccaroons

Last year around Halloween time I created a pumpkin pie recipe that I posted to my blog. A little while later around Thanksgiving someone posted a link to my recipe in a comment on Mark's Daily Apple saying that he liked the crust so much that he would eat it alone like a macaroon. That comment got me thinking! So this year when I made my pie crust for pumpkin pie, I made extra. I put the extra in a pie tin and stuck it in the freezer. When it was hardened up I drizzled some dark chocolate over the top then put that back into the freezer to harden. What was the result, you ask? Dark chocolate macaroon cookies! These cookies are so easy to make, it might be dangerous. But with little more than nuts, coconut oil, shredded coconut and dark chocolate, I suppose they aren't really that bad for me.


Dark Chocolate Macaroon Cookies
1 1/2 C Almond meal
1 C unsweetened shredded coconut
1 C Coconut oil, melted
1/2 C 70% or darker dark chocolate chips

Mix meal, coconut and oil together then press into thin layer in a pie pan or 8x8 brownie pan. sprinkle chocolate chips or shaved chocolate on top of cookie mixture. Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes. When chocolate chips are melted smooth chocolate over the top of the cookie with a spatula in an even layer. Cool, then place in freezer to harden. Cut into squares or break into pieces to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...