Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Paleo Bruschetta

On our first day at the Farmer's Market selling our baked goods, we had a couple packages of sandwich buns left over at the end of the day. The next day when I was looking for something to go with the dinner I'd prepared, I decided to try making bruschetta from the leftover buns. I sliced each bun in half like I would do if I were making a sandwich, but then brushed the bread with olive oil and added minced garlic and sundried tomatoes. I toasted the whole thing under the broiler for a couple of minutes then cut it into quarter sections. It was a hit with the family! So, I now know what I plan to do if we have leftover buns...maybe I'll hide a package or 2 so I'll have some to take home. Shhhh! Don't tell Kate! :)



Paleo Sandwich Buns

1 1/2 C almond flour
5 eggs
2 Tbs. coconut flour
1/4 C coconut oil, melted
2 Tbs. favorite herbs(optional)
1 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. honey
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
 


Preheat oven to 350°F.  Bring all ingredients to room temperature. In a mixer bowl whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, herbs, salt, and baking soda then add eggs, honey, and apple cider vinegar.  Mix until eggs are blended.  Add coconut oil and stir until well blended. Drop scoops onto baking sheet or into a Whoopie Pie Pan for more uniform buns.  Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden. Cool in pan.


Paleo Bruschetta
6 Paleo Sandwich Buns (see recipe above)
¼ C extra virgin olive oil
¼ C sun dried tomatoes - diced
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. dried oregano

Bake Sandwich buns and let cool. Slice buns in half across the middle forming 2 discs. In a small bowl, mix oil, tomatoes, garlic and oregano. Toast bread discs under the broiler or in a toaster oven until just toasted. Drizzle tomato mixture over toast then broil again for about 1 minute. Cut discs into quartered triangle sections and serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...