Sunday, July 28, 2013

Pictures from the Garden

The garden is in full swing now. Lettuce is mostly gone, but I have a few late plantings that are still in good shape. The kale is looking good, zucchini and yellow squash are starting to be ready to pick, broccoli has side shoots ready to pick about every other day and there is almost enough purple beans to make for dinner. I'm still getting alpine strawberries, raspberries and rhubarb and the blueberries are almost ripe. I have baby cukes on my plants, baby cauliflower on those plants and even see a few tiny tomatoes on my volunteer tomato plants in the garden. The ones I planted don't have any yet, though. There are also baby butternut and spaghetti squash on the vines. But the big time winner this year in the garden are the turnips. Those babies are HUGE! We are eating them, but I wished we liked them a bit more. :) Cabbage and onions are moving along and hopefully will get bigger soon. And, lastly, the volunteer potatoes are growing like weeds...oh wait...I didn't plant them, so technically they are weeds!

A good year in the garden so far!




















No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...