Monday, October 24, 2016

Paleo Chocolate Pudding and Fudge Babies

Bringing recipes over from Northwest Cavegirls. Cavegirl Stephanie here:

Chocolate: This day is meant for chocolate. Two lovely ladies, Katie and Elana, saved my bacon today. We needed chocolate for dinner and we needed healthy chocolate and for us today that meant no dairy, no grain, minimal sugar. If you haven't had the time to put together Angie's chocolate covered cherries, maybe you'll have time for one of these.
Enter Elana's dairy free chocolate pudding:

This is an incredibly easy dessert to whip up. I used a can of full fat coconut milk, coconut oil, chocolate chunks from Whole Foods, and a bit of agave. Click on through to see her recipe. Elana uses xylitol in hers. I didn't have any. I only used a tablespoon of agave, since I tasted the mix and it seemed nearly sweet enough for me. PLUS, since I was serving it with another choco-hit, I didn't think we needed it overly sweet.
Next up, Fudge Babies from Chocolate Covered Katie:
From the set of ingredients, you can see that it doesn't take much to make these little darlings. Walnuts, dates, vanilla, cocoa, and a tad of salt. I chose smoked sea salt, but I can't say that it was enough to give it much of a smoked flavor like I'd hoped for.

I used a cup of walnuts, 1.25 cups of dates, a splash of vanilla, a twist of salt and 5 tablespoons of cocoa. Whirl the mixture in your cuisinart or equally powerful device, then roll into little balls. These babies taste like ULTRA MOIST BROWNIES. I'm in love. I love how Katie titles the page that her recipe is on: "Make. These. Now." I second that. These are amazing little fruit sweetened bites of ambrosia that need to show up on Valentine's Day, Christmas, PMS Day, whatever day you need a BLAST of chocolate delight.

We are going to be a happy family come dessert time tonight!
Edit: WARNING... make a double batch of fudge babies if you expect to have any for your family and friends. They are the most tasty little brownie-like bites I've come across in a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...