Monday, November 21, 2011

Paleo/Primal Pecan Pie

Thanksgiving just wouldn't be the same without Pecan Pie. My grandma used to make it every year and it was the highlight of my whole day. I mean who could resist a layer of crunchy pecans floating on a layer of gooey sugary goodness? But alas, corn syrup is just not in my pantry anymore; so I've had to come up with another version of this legendary pie that will be a bit more healthy for my family but still fill that need for something sweet and nutty. I started with this version of a Primal Pecan Pie by Modern Paleo Warfare, then made my own adjustments.


Paleo/Primal Pecan Pie
Crust
1 C Walnuts
1 1/4 C Pecans
1/4 C Coconut oil or melted butter

Filling
1 1/4 C Pecans
1/2 C Dried plums AKA Prunes
1 T Vanilla
3 eggs
1/2 C Maple Syrup
1 tsp cinnamon

In a food processor pulse all crust ingredients until well incorporated. Press mixture into a pie tin and bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.


In the food processor mix all filling ingredients except about 20 nice looking pecans which you reserve for decoration. When all ingredients are well incorporated, pour into the baked pie crust, decorate with the pretty pecans then bake for about 30 minutes at 350.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...