Thursday, November 24, 2011

Paleo/Primal Maple Walnut Muffins

This morning I had a craving for a breakfast muffin. I have lots of recipes for others, but I was in the mood to play today, so I thought I'd make something up and see how it tasted. The result was a maple-y crunchy moist muffiin that is probably my new favorite. Give it a try!



Paleo/Primal Maple Walnut Muffins
1 1/2 C Almond meal
1/2 C unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 t salt
1 t baking soda
2 Eggs
1/3 C Maple Syrup
1/2 C Unsweetened Applesauce
1/2 C chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350F. Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl, then add wet ingredients. Spoon mixture into lined muffin tins then bake for about 15 minutes.  I made about 24 mini muffins with this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...