Wednesday, March 14, 2012

What Kids Say

I asked my kids these questions 3 years ago and again yesterday. Some of the answers were the same and some were really different, but it's interesting to see what the kids think about me. I guess my favorite parts are that the kids both see my favorite thing to do is play with them and feel that I show that I love them every day. If they remember that forever, I will have done my job.

1. What is something mom always says to you?
Lily (6 years old): Maybe
Lily (9 years old): Do your homework

Ian (3.5 years old): Yes
Ian (6.5 years old): Eat your dinner

2. What makes mom happy?
Lily (6 years old): Doing what she says
Lily (9 years old): Not fighting with Ian

Ian (3.5 years old): Doing what she says (Ian was just copying Lily at this point)
Ian (6.5 years old): when she gets to play with me

3. What makes mom sad?
Lily (6 years old): When we don't hug her
Lily (9 years old): When I fight with Ian

Ian (3.5 years old): when we don't hug her
Ian (6.5 years old): when we don't have time for bedtime stories

4. How does your mom make you laugh?
Lily (6 years old): When she sneaks up on me
Lily (9 years old): When she says something silly

Ian (3.5 years old): When she makes funny faces
Ian (6.5 years old): when she tickles me

5. What was your mom like as a child?
Lily (6 years old): She was a sugar duck in a play
Lily (9 years old): She picked up frogs

Ian (3.5 years old): She played puzzles
Ian (6.5 years old): she liked to play

6. How old is your mom?
Lily (6 years old): 35
Lily (9 years old): 36

Ian (3.5 years old): 20
Ian (6.5 years old): 36

7. How tall is your mom?
Lily (6 years old): 42 inches
Lily (9 years old): around 5 feet

Ian (3.5 years old): a little bit
Ian (6.5 years old): 90 inches

8. What is her favorite thing to do?
Lily (6 years old): play with us
Lily (9 years old):play with me and Ian

Ian (3.5 years old): play with us
Ian (6.5 years old): play with us

9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
Lily (6 years old): work on the computer
Lily (9 years old): sometimes walk with her friends, run errands and work on the computer

Ian (3.5 years old): play by herself
Ian (6.5 years old): talk with daddy

10. If your mom becomes famous,what will it be for?
Lily (6 years old): a rockstar
Lily (9 years old): Best mom

Ian (3.5 years old): she would be pretty
Ian (6.5 years old): being a rockstar

11. What is your mom really good at?
Lily (6 years old): giving hugs and kisses
Lily (9 years old):Cuddling

Ian (3.5 years old): telling us what to do
Ian (6.5 years old): typing on the computer

12. What is your mom not very good at?
Lily (6 years old): letting us have ice cream every day
Lily (9 years old): making a mess

Ian (3.5 years old): being up high on her toes
Ian (6.5 years old): doing the splits

13. What does your mom do for her job?
Lily (6 years old): work around the house
Lily (9 years old): don't know

Ian (3.5 years old): work on her computer
Ian (6.5 years old): you don't have a job...or do you?

14. What is your mom's favorite food?
Lily (6 years old): lentils
Lily (9 years old):Chicken legs

Ian (3.5 years old): Soup
Ian (6.5 years old): soup

15. What makes you proud of your mom?
Lily (6 years old): that she loves us even when she's angry
Lily (9 years old): she helps me with my homework

Ian (3.5 years old): she plays with me
Ian (6.5 years old): when you play outside with me

16. If your mom were a cartoon character,who would she be?
Lily (6 years old): Bugs Bunny
Lily (9 years old):Elastagirl

Ian (3.5 years old): Boo from Monsters Inc
Ian (6.5 years old): Porky Pig

17. What do you and your mom do together?
Lily (6 years old): play after school
Lily (9 years old):play games

Ian (3.5 years old): play
Ian (6.5 years old): bake cookies

18. How are you and your mom the same?
Lily (6 years old): we have the same nose
Lily (9 years old): we both have short hair

Ian (3.5 years old): we like to do the same things
Ian (6.5 years old): we have the same color eyes

19. How are you and your mom different?
Lily (6 years old): she has grown up teeth and I don't
Lily (9 years old): we have different color eyes

Ian (3.5 years old): she's a girl and I'm a boy
Ian (6.5 years old): i'm a boy and you're a girl

20. How do you know your mom loves you?
Lily (6 years old): she hugs me
Lily (9 years old): because she says it every day

Ian (3.5 years old): we play
Ian (6.5 years old): you kiss me a lot

21. Where is your Mom's favorite place to go?
Lily (6 years old): Park on sunny days
Lily (9 years old): Sky high sports

Ian (3.5 years old): the park
Ian (6.5 years old): stay home

1 comment:

  1. I love this post and idea! I'm going to do this with my children too! Thanks!

    (by the way, if you check out my blog...I haven't posted in a very long time - just don't want you to be disappointed! lol)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...