Monday, May 6, 2013

Paleo Sandwich Bread

I've been looking for a good paleo sandwich bread, and even did a Round up not long ago on several recipes out there, but I had to try to make a recipe on my own, just to see what I could do. I was on a baking kick the other day anyway and thought I'd give sandwich bread a try. I started from Cavegirl Kate's Herb Bun recipe then changed a few things and put it in a loaf pan. The top crust ended up very crunchy, which I like in a sandwich bread and the inside was soft and moist. I'm very pleased with the result, but when I make this again, I'll use a different pan. The one I used was a little too big for this recipe and the bread ended up a little shorter than you need to make a sandwich with it. I suppose you could double this recipe and use a large loaf pan to have a large slice of bread. Or, add some meat and veggies to what I made and you'd have some very yummy tiny sandwiches!




Sandwich Bread
1 1/2 C almond flour
2 Tbs coconut flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
5 eggs
1/4 C coconut oil, melted
1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
1/2 Tbs honey

Bring all ingredients to room temperature! Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a small bowl whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, salt, and baking soda.  Set aside. In another bowl,  add eggs, honey, and apple cider vinegar.  Mix until eggs are blended.  Add dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix until well incorporated. add coconut oil and mix until well blended. Spoon into parchment lined loaf pan. (I made some parchment handles that went down one side of the loaf pan across the bottom and back up the other side so I could pull the loaf out easily.)  Bake for 45 minutes until golden. Cool in pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...