Thursday, June 13, 2013

Grilled Eggplant with Garlic and Walnut Oil

An eggplant came in my veggie box the other day...I really have no idea what to do with an eggplant. So, I decided to wing it. :) That's what I do.

You can never go wrong with garlic and oil, really. So, I sliced my eggplant into 1/2 inch strips and marinated it in some walnut oil and crushed garlic for about 1/2 hour. I, then, grilled the strips for about 5 minutes per side and served with this amazing pesto to which I'm now addicted.

If you've never tried eggplant, give it a try. You may find it's one of your new favorites.





Grilled Eggplant with Garlic and Walnut Oil
1 Eggplant sliced into 1/2 inch strips
1 t crushed garlic
1+ C olive or walnut oil


Mix oil and garlic in a shallow wide dish. Let sit for a few minutes then add strips of eggplant coating both sides. Let eggplant marinate for about 30 minutes. Place eggplant strips on a grill over medium heat. Grill for about 5 minutes per side or until flesh is fairly soft. Serve warm with pesto...or without. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...