Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Sauteed Broccoli, Radishes and Scallions

I've never been a huge radish fan. I usually grow them in my garden because they are so fast to mature and easy to start, but they've never really been my favorite veggie. The spiciness of a raw radish is just too much for me. Even in salad or with dip, it's just too much bite for me. There are some vegetables that I always thought were supposed to eat raw. Radishes were one of those...until very recently when I threw some into a pot of soup just to see what would happen. Guess what? They were delicious! I've found that cooked radishes don't have that spicy bite that the raw vegetable does. So, I've been throwing radishes into a lot of my cooked dishes lately. Most recently I had a mish-mash of veggies in my refrigerator and decided to put them together to see how they would taste. They were very tasty and this combo will go on my list of favorites. If you've never tried to cook your radishes, you're in for a treat!
 
 
 
 
Sautéed Broccoli, Radishes and Scallions
2 C chopped broccoli
1 bunch of radishes chunked (about 1 C)
1 bunch of scallions/green onions sliced into 1/2 inch chunks
1/2 C Water or broth
2 T Coconut oil
2 t toasted sesame oil
salt and pepper to taste
 
Melt coconut oil in a skillet. Lightly sauté the broccoli and radishes until they are slightly browned. Add Water or broth and scallions to pan, cover and cook for about 3 minutes. Remove lid and let liquid evaporate, add toasted sesame oil, salt and pepper and toss to coat. Serve warm.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...