Monday, March 21, 2011

Another Chocolate Pudding Recipe - Paleo/Primal, Dairy & Gluten Free

I've recently been getting a box of yummy, organic veggies and fruits every week from Mother Nature Organics. I love it! I get some things I'd not normally buy, but have found I like them all the same. This has made me get creative in coming up with dishes that use these veggies and fruits. The other day I had a ripe avocado in my fruit/veggie bowl that looked like it was ready to eat. I've been eating guacamole quite a bit and didn't really want to eat it again that day. So I mined the recesses of my brain and remembered something I read in Deceptively Delicious a while back about making chocolate fondue from avocados. I pulled out that book and found that her recipe called for a LOT of sugar and margarine. That wasn't really what I was looking for, so I decided to improvise and came up with something that was very yummy with only 3 ingredients! And believe it or not, my picky picky son loved it. After knowing what was in it, my daughter decided she wasn't interested, but my son tried it and ate it! So give it a try!

Chocolate Pudding made with Avocado
1 ripe avocado mashed until smooth
1/3 C cocoa powder
1/3 C maple syrup (add bit by bit, stir then taste to get right amount for you)

Mash Avocados until smooth then stir in cocoa powder. Add syrup a little at a time tasting until you get the right amount of sweetness for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...