Sunday, January 15, 2012

Berry Smoothie/Pudding

The other day I felt like making myself a smoothie for lunch. So I got out the frozen berry mix, some coconut milk and some almond butter, mixed it up in the blender, then realized it wasn't quite sweet enough for me. So I added some dried plums to the blender and pureed it again. The result was just the right flavor but it was very thick...too thick to pour into a glass and drink. So I put it into a bowl and ate it with a spoon. I suppose you could add more coconut milk or water to make it more of a smoothie consistency, but I liked the pudding texture of it. Made me feel like I was eating dessert. The kids were split on whether it was a hit or not. The Girl love it and asked for more, but The Boy wasn't quite sure and gave his bowl to The Girl to finish after eating a couple of bites. Eh, 50% isn't so bad! :) And with only one of the kids eating it when I make it, that means there's more left over for me.



Berry Smoothie/Pudding
1.5 C Frozen Berries (mine had blue, black and raspberries)
3 T Almond Butter
1 Can Full Fat Coconut Milk
10 Dried Plums

Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.

1 comment:

  1. Very impressive indeed! I love your creativity.

    And thank you for stopping by and sharing on Allergy Free Wednesdays! Check back next week for recipe highlights (including the top 3 reader choice submissions and hostess favorites).

    Best,
    --AFW Hostesses

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...