Thursday, January 12, 2012

Taming the Office Mess

Hi, my name is Angie, and I have a messy office. I'm pretty good about keeping the rest of the house (except the kids' playroom) fairly neat and tidy, but my office is always a mess. I'm not a fan of clutter and feel like my brain gets cluttered when my house is cluttered, but up until now I've not been able to figure out a way to tame the office mess.

Yesterday I got a bee in my bonnet and headed to Target for some de-cluttering supplies. Back at home with shelving in hand, I rearranged my office, threw out a lot of stuff I just don't need anymore and hid the clutter in these neat little fabric cubes. I dug out a couple of decorative baskets and buckets I had holding other junk and re-purposed them as office junk holders. :) One fabric bin is still empty, so I've got some expansion possibilities if more office junk appears. I think it turned out quite nice...and I still know where everything is!

Shelving cost: $19.99 for shelving unit + $7 each for the fabric bins = $48

Before

(actually about 1/4 of the way through. I'd already removed the non-working computer from the corner and moved my sewing machine and chair out of the way)



After

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...