Sunday, September 23, 2012

Apple Pancakes

With the abundance of apples on my tree this year I'm putting apples in everything! I've made apple sauce, dried apples, apple cake, baked whole cored apples, taken apples to Scout functions, taken apples to Lego League functions, put them in my kids lunch boxes and traded them for zucchini! This morning while making the usual Sunday morning pancakes I decided to put them in those as well. I altered the recipe a bit to make up for apple vs. banana, but they turned out really great...and I got to use up a few more apples.




Apple Pancakes
6 Eggs
1 t baking soda
2 t cinnamon
1 T vanilla
3 t cocoa powder
2.5 C Almond Flour
1/2 C milk (almond, coconut, cow's)
2 C apples

Combine all ingredients in a blender, mixing until well blended. Add milk by the Tablespoon if needed to blend completely. Heat a griddle to 300F. Pour batter from blender onto griddle forming 4 inch pancakes (pancakes much bigger than that will be hard to flip). Add any mix-ins such as shredded coconut, dark chocolate chips, chopped nuts at this time. Once bubbles form in the batter then break and the edges look dry, flip pancakes. Serve warm with pure maple syrup and fruit or the toppings of your choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...