Saturday, September 22, 2012

Zucchini Pasta Bolognese in the Crock Pot

After school is crazy busy around my house. With various activities that the kids participate in, homework to do, music practice, etc. going on, it's hard to start making dinner until sometimes 6pm or after. So, I've decided to start using my crock pot more! If I can get dinner in the slow cooker earlier in the day when I have a minute to think about it, then I won't have to worry about it after the kids get home from school. Hopefully this will make my evenings a little less crazy and me a little less cranky.

Yesterday I out did myself! I made both chicken bone broth for use in soup on another day and made spaghetti sauce for dinner last night. The spaghetti sauce couldn't have been easier, really. I just threw all of the ingredients into the pot, stirred it a couple of times before I left the house then had dinner ready to eat when I got back.

I used this bolognese to top the spaghetti pasta I made earlier in the week and had saved in the fridge. If you like your zucchini al dente, then there's no need to cook the thin strips at all before putting the hot bolognese on it. If you like softer pasta you may want to boil your zucchini pasta for a minute in boiling water before topping with the bolognese.



Slow Cooker Bolognese
1 lb ground beef
1 lb ground bulk sausage
2 cans or 2 C sliced mushrooms
1 16oz jar marinara sauce (no sugar added)

Add all ingredients to a slow cooker. Break up the beef and sausage and mix well. You may need to let the mixture heat up more before you'll be able to stir the mixture well. Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6.

1 comment:

  1. Any chance you would post this and some others of your awesome recipes on FastPaleo.com? We'll always link back to your blog when posting one of your recipes, and I'd be more than happy to do a paleo blogger shoutout to you, hence creating a lot of traffic. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...