Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Paderno Spiral Slicer Review

I've been gazing at the zucchini pasta pesto at PCC all summer longing to be able to make my own zucchini pasta that looks and feels a little more like the "real" thing. Well, I finally broke down and bought a neat little gadget that will do just that. I got the Paderno Spiral Slicer.


It comes with 3 blades that will cut your veggies into angle hair, fettuccine and something that is closer to thin lasagna noodles.

They recommend using the slicer on sweet or regular potatoes, zucchini, cabbage, cucumbers, and more. So far I've only tried it out on zucchini and boy did it work! The kids and I tried out all 3 blades just to see what they did.




After we were all finished cutting our Mega-Zucchini supplied by my friend Julie (I traded her some of my many apples for her baseball-bat-sized zucchini. I love bartering!), we were able to just rinse the whole gizmo under the tap to clean it. It's all plastic, so no need to worry about rusting and such.



So far I love it and keep looking around trying to find more veggies to cut up in fancy ways. Who knows what I'll come up with next!

Last night we had some Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles for dinner. I'll be posting that recipe soon. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. I am really fond of eating zucchini but it requires a loads of vegetable cutting due to which i got lazy in making it. But now i have got a vegetable splicer through this site http://amzn.to/1otUamh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you write and share your niche! Very interesting and different! Keep it coming! Best Spiral Slicers in 2018 Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. This vegetable slicer like most kitchen apparatuses is to a great extent made of plastic. This has its the two points of interest and hindrances. On the off chance that a spiral slicer drops off the kitchen stage or the table, it can create splits.Top 10 best spiral slicers

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...