Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Zucchini Spice Bread

My friend Jennifer asked me if I had a Paleo Zucchini bread recipe. I was sure I had one since zucchini bread is a staple of summer. But all of my searching resulted in zero, zilch, nada on the zucchini bread front. Well, I took that as a challenge and went in search of recipe I could convert to Paleo ingredients. I found an old one I'd marked up and dog-eared and seemed to like. So I started there and went to work. When I started mixing ingredients I remembered that this recipe was almost a zucchini gingerbread, which I thought was really good.



The results were very tasty and believe it or not, both kids requested some in their lunches for today. Win for mom! I've been eating them for breakfast, as well. Fast, healthy and filling!


Zucchini Spice Bread
4 C shredded or pureed zucchini (I puree it so the boy doesn't see any green specs. )
1/2 C Maple syrup
4 Eggs
1/2 C coconut oil - melted
2 t vanilla
1 T cocoa powder (unsweetened)
1 t ground ginger
1 t ground cloves
2 t ground cinnamon
1 t ground nutmeg
2 t baking soda
1 C coconut flour
2.5 C almond flour
1 C chopped walnuts (optional)
1 C dark chocolate chips (optional)

Bring all ingredients to room temperature. Preheat oven to 350F. Mix coconut flour and coconut oil and let sit for a minute or 2. Stir in all other ingredients except mix-ins. Fold in any mix-ins you like then spoon into lined muffin tins or loaf pans. Bake for about 30 minutes for muffins and 45 for a loaf or until middles aren't mushy when you press on them. This made 18 regular sized muffins and a mini loaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...