Thursday, November 10, 2016

Bringing over recipes from Northwest Cavegirls. This is from Cavegirl Stephanie.

At a lovely gathering at my friend Suzz's house (nope, I didn't misspell that, it's her nickname from my gang), Suzz served up some delicious Ahi Poke. I think I ate about half of it (sorry, Suzz!). It was SO GOOD. As I was wolfing it down, I was thinking and probably saying, too, that this is the ultimate Paleo food. What caveperson couldn't go out and grab a fish, whack it over a rock and eat it. Ok, there's a bit more to this dish than that, but really! This is so yummy and such clean-eating.
Yummy Ahi Poke
I followed the recipe that Suzz sent me from Allrecipes.com and made up a batch as soon as I could get my hands on some Ahi! I did, of course, paleo-ify the recipe a bit. Here was my take on it:
Ahi Poke for Two or for one really hungry person like me! :D
1/2 lb. Ahi
1/4 c. coconut amines
1/4 c. sliced green onions
1/2 T. red pepper flakes
One endive head, cups taken off rinsed and set aside.
Cube the Ahi steak. Toss all together, except endive cups. Let it sit and marinate a couple of hours before serving, in the fridge, cavegirl! Place spoonfuls in the little cups and CHOW!

Now, the original recipe called for toasted sesame seeds, which I bet taste super yummy on it, but I was out, and some of you Paleo peeps don't eat seeds, so whatever you want to do. AND, it did call for chopped macadamia nuts, which I love, but again was out of. However, it seems there is some disagreement over what is truly supposed to be in Ahi Poke. Perhaps this is one of those things where everyone has a "family recipe" for it. Like chili, mmm chili, I've yet to meet one I didn't like that was HOMEMADE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...