Thursday, November 3, 2016

Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai

Bringing over Northwest Cavegirl recipes. Cavegirl Stephanie here:

Pad Thai...How I love thee. No, really, I LOVE pad thai with a deep and sincere foodie sort of love. Back in the day before Paleo, I had a period of time where I made 10-12 batches per week for a few weeks until we found our favorite. The result: we had SEVERAL favorites. That is what I am hoping to do this week. I shall record for you here "attempt #1".

Pad Thai for ONE - Spaghetti Squash version
Ingredients:
2 T. fish sauce (Red Boat fish sauce is pretty simple ...or whatever soy like sauce you want to use to make this more paleo)
2-4 T Lime juice
1t. honey
1/4 red onion
1 clove garlic
1 tsp chili garlic paste
1 tsp coconut oil
3 oz. cooked meat/poultry/egg whatever
1 T almond butter
1 c. cooked spaghetti squash
Toppings: cilantro, green onions, etc. This is such a personal preference sort of thing.

Mix together this sauce and set aside:
2 T fish sauce (Red Boat fish sauce is pretty simple ...or whatever soy like sauce you want to use to make this more paleo)
2-4 T lime juice
1 t. honey
1/4 red onion, cut into long strips
1 clove minced garlic
1 tsp. chili garlic paste
1 tsp. coconut oil

Stir fry onion in coconut oil until transluscent. Add in garlic and chili and stir fry for a minute or so with the exhaust fan on (trust me, that chili paste will get you).
Add 3 oz. cooked meat/poultry (I added some smoked pork tenderloin because it was on hand). Stir it in nicely.
Add in a tablespoon of almond butter and stir in quickly. Then add in fish sauce mixture and mix it around nicely until combined.
Add in 1 c. cooked spaghetti squash and gently toss. Works best with more firm spaghetti squash. My first attempt was a bit on the "well done" side and well.. see the pic.
Add in 1/4 c. chopped cilantro and green onions and whatever other toppings you might desire on your own pad thai. Toss a bit and serve!
Mine looked like this when made with the MORE done spaghetti squash. Hubby said: "Hey, what's that clumped cat food looking stuff?" Hah! Thanks, babe.
Ya know what, it was really tasty and I'd eat it again for sure. More pad thai recipes to come!

2 comments:

  1. I also really like Thai food! I tasted it when I was in Thailand last summer. It was a wonderful vacation! My friends and I stopped in Chiang Mai, where we rented motorcycles http://catmotors.net/, and went to the mountains. We were delighted with the Wachirathan Waterfall - it is the most beautiful waterfall on the highest mountain in Thailand.

    ReplyDelete

  2. I quite like reading through a post that will make men and women think. Also, many thanks for allowing me to comment! aol mail sign in

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...